I know there are a million resources out there right now in the midst of Covid-19 but here is my two cents on quick and EASY Things you can do to boost your immunity.
- Eat your vegetables. Not only do they provide healthy essential nutrients, they provide fiber. Fiber makes you poop, and that is your bodies natural waste elimination system. The more often you poop the less unhealthy viruses and bacteria live in your gut. Greens supplements are awesome, but they do not replace the benefits of the real thing. Only enhance them, so eat your veggies okay?
- Drink your water, the more water you drink the more you pee and flush out the unhealthy toxins. (see the theme)
- Drink bone broth. Like for real ya’ll. (Yes I say ya’ll now. I have been in the south too long) It has building blocks that help heal your gut. The healthier your gut is the healthier your body is. I published a blog awhile back that goes into depth, recipe on bone broth. Since the publishing of this article the company I partner with has also launched a powdered form of bone broth which I give 5 stars too!
- Add some extra dose of vitamin C and allow your immune system to get ramped up for all the viruses and bacterica that you are going to come in contact with after being isolated.
- GET outside and MOVE. Outside isn’t quarantined. Moving your body and getting a daily dose of Vit D is incredibly boosting to your immune system and your emotional health. Which is just as important as your physical health.
- Get in the Word. Even if you have never ever opened the bible before, I want you to know that God is bigger than all of this. His word is alive and has the power to bring peace beyond all understanding. Open your bible to Psalm 91. Read it, believe it and decree it over your life.
- Be mindful of what you are letting into your thoughts. Let’s tune out all the fear, media, drama, and find healthy ways to cope! When we are in fear too long, our body pumps cortisol non stop. If this happens too long the body starts to get depleted, and exhausted. If this goes on too long you open yourself up to chronic illness.
- Need more help? I have Gut Health course. I take you on a step by step journey to make slow methodical changes on how to re-build the microbiome (ecology of your gut) and allow your body to heal itself.